Embroider Buddy® products are adored for their easy-to-embroider design, quality fabrics, and exceptional safety standards. For the past 75 years, toy safety has been an integral part of our process, ensuring that our plush stuffed animals can be loved at any age and enjoyed internationally.
Although toy regulations vary from country to country, children are the same all around the world and their safety is our highest priority. Embroider Buddy® products meet and exceed all applicable U.S., Canadian, Australian and European safety standards and are factory-inspected at all stages of production.
So, what should you be looking for to make sure you’re buying safe toys for a child or baby? Follow our toy safety check-list for easy shopping!
- Inspect for secure seams. Loose or exposed stuffing is a choking hazard.
- Ensure that eyes and nose are properly secured.
- Make sure there are no loose threads or strings.
- Toys should be washable (Embroider Buddy® skins and pods are machine washable and can go in both the washer and the dryer).
- Any paint used should be lead-free.
- Toys made with fabric should be marked anti-flammable.
- Battery operated toys should have securely closed battery ports (requiring a screwdriver to open).
We’d like to think when buying toys that all manufacturers follow necessary guidelines, but the truth of the matter is some companies will let certain products slip through the regulatory cracks. For these reasons, consumer inspection is critical. And if you’re a reseller of toys, it’s important for both your reputation and possible liability that you distribute quality products that meet all required safety standards.
For more information and toy safety resources visit: